The Old Town Hall of Port Louis was a colonial building during the British rule and to which the architecture was overmatched by the current town hall. Back in 1945, after the World War 2 Victory, the building was decorated with capital ‘V’s to show the Mauritian participation in the War. And to say, Mauritius also participated highly back then. (Click here to check our War-related album here). Looks like this was a big event for the ‘town’ residents!
Shared by: France Athow
And below are alternative views of the Town Hall during the 1960s and the 1970s:
Port Louis – The Town Hall viewed from Desforges Street – 1970s